The Bobro QD mount is one of our absolute favourite mounts for the Pulsar Trail series, which also fits the Pulsar Apex and Pulsar Core. There is only one thing wrong with these mounts - this shipment took two years to arrive! A sign of the times, especially in our industry. We have no idea if we will ever be able to get another shipment, our guess is when this shipment is gone this is it.
The Bobro Engineering Pulsar QD mount has multiple mounting poitions so you can get the right eye relief and will fit any picatinny or 1913 specification rail, even out of spec rails. The Bobro mount system automatically adjusts to provide the correct pressure for your rail surface. There are no bolts or nuts which require adjustment, unlike other designs. It is all automatic. It also has safety locks on each lever to make sure your mount isn't accidentally disengaged.
- Repeatable return to zero
- 6061 T6 Aluminum Construction
- Type 3 Hard coat black anodizing
- Dual-Lever Design
- Dual safety lock to prevent accidental removal
- Adjustable eye relief
- Automatically adjusts for rail variations
- 1.6" height from rail to Pulsar thermal optic centerline
The Bobro Precision Optic Mount features the Patented [US Patent 8,567,105] BLAC™ lever system which was designed around the following parameters:
- Must be compatible with any 1913 Specification Rail, to include systems that are out of specification (within reason) and this includes Weaver rails.
- Must be completely tool and user adjustable free. It needs to be 100% self contained and mate securely to any rail without the user having to tailor the pressure/engagement position.
- Must lock with enough pressure to positively attach any device or optical instrument to a rail without movement, static or dynamic forces not withstanding.
- The rail must not experience any deformation due to user error. This must include synthetic (plastic/polymer/composite) rail systems.
- Auto Index capability. The device must also index parallel to the bore. The unit must always repeat the forward shift (recoil forces direction of influence) not only to maximize zero repeatability, but to take this step of installation out of the users initial mounting sequence. Index must be redundant.
- Unit must not loosen due to improper mounting or a mechanical bottoming out.
- The system must incorporate a safety that prevents the lever from being accidentally opened. The safety must be able to be manipulated in conjunction with the lever rotation, so that only one hand is required to open it.
- The unit will utilise constant force to ensure required pressure in all conditions. The force must be substantial to prevent any shift forward/aft left/right.
- The pressure must be applied in a linear direction centered in the main body to prevent cocking of the mount.
- It must be easy to manipulate by gloved or fatigued hands.
- It must be extremely robust, and withstand shock and impact to the system housing.
- There were others, but by listing them we would compromise Bobro Engineering's trade secrets.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other wolfeyes.com.au users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.